Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vacation recap!

Steve and I had a GREAT time on our weekend getaway. We desperately needed to take some time off of work and relax. We knew the house was big and we knew it was on the beach, but we had never seen pictures of it. WOW - we were surprised just how nice it was! The views were amazing and the home was so comfortable. And we really were about twenty steps and a short ramp away from his private beach. Here are some photos:

Yea, I'm not going to win any photography awards any time soon. But in my defense they were taken on my phone. Here's a breakdown of our weekend.

Thursday (my birthday!) - we slept in and left our house around 11. Steve took me to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. He doesn't ever like to go there and I do. Since it was my birthday, I got my way! We arrived at the beach house around 1 or 1:30. The owner was right behind us to make sure we got settled ok and to give us some information. As soon as he left, I was in my bathing suit and down on the beach! Steve was so cute and set up my umbrella and went inside and made me a margarita (no salt of course)! After about 45 minutes, the clouds started turning black so I made my way up to the house, showered, and took a nap! That night we found an Outback for dinner and I had 2 yummy Wallaby Darned drinks (like a frozen peach bellini). Back to the house and we fell asleep to the sounds of rain and the ocean.

Friday - I woke up around 9:30 and Steve was already up at downstairs. We went to breakfast at this little hole-in-the-wall place at the pier and then walked across the street to a beach home decor shop. That's where I received my inspiration for our newest home improvement project! I will get to that in a later post. Let me just say that Steve is probably on a ladder as I type. :) After we did some shopping, we walked around a farmer's market and shared a fresh-squeezed lemonade. Back to the house and I took another nap! When I woke up, Steve had started a project. He put together the owner's air hockey table in the basement as a thank you for letting us stay there. That gave me plenty of quality reading time! Love, love, love the Janet Evanovich Plum series. My mom had given me Finger Lickin' Fifteen for my bday and I finished that up while we were at the house. Friday night we went to a cute place for dinner and then went to the movies. I convinced Steve to see Bruno and he was not very happy with me! After the movie, we got ice cream at a little shop near the beach and headed home.

Saturday - our last day! boo! Out to breakfast at the little restaurant again. We could watch the surfers from our table and it was definitely a dangerous day for swimming in the ocean. My dad brought the motorcycle up to check out the house in the late morning. Of course, he was shocked at how lucky we are to have the opportunity to stay there! After a brief tour of the house, we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to the beach. It was such a beautiful day but it was hot and I couldn't resist taking a short swim in the ocean. After about 10 minutes of fighting the gigantic waves, I gave up and laid out on a towel. A little while later, the clouds started moving in so my dad left and we packed up. We said goodbye to the beach house and headed back home. We made a few stops to pick up necessities for our living room and dining room redesign and then headed home to see our kitties!

We had a FABULOUS time!

No comments: