Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday, Promotion, Vacation, Oh my!

WHAT A DAY!!

My parents, brother, and grandma came over tonight to celebrate my birthday (tomorrow). I received AMAZING gifts including diploma frames, beach goodies, new book, food processor, and cash. We had a great time as usual and my brother got to meet Dublin for the first time! While everyone was here, Steve got a phone call from his boss and went in his office and shut the door. I was a little irritated since his boss was calling after hours, but that disappeared when Steve came out and told me he was receiving a promotion!! I am so, so happy. He has been working his ass off and receiving little to no reward. This has been going on for a loooong time. He will now be at a manager level and I'm sure will do amazing.

Tomorrow morning Steve and I are waking up and going to Flager Beach to stay at a beach house owned by one of the professors at the university I work. He allows people to stay there free of charge. How great is that? His house is 5 bedrooms, 5000 square feet, and located steps away from the beach. I can't WAIT for some desperately needed "Steve and Jen" time! Needless to say, I will probably neglect my blog for the next couple of days. :)

Will return Sunday!

No comments: