- Attend U.S. Bariatric’s INFORMATION SESSION. (done)
- Complete the PATIENT DEMOGRAPHIC PACKET supplied at the information session. (done)
- Make a copy of your PHOTO ID and submit with patient demographic packet. (done)
- Complete the ONLINE REGISTRATION using your Housecall logon ID and password that was emailed to you. (done)
- Contact our PATIENT CONCIERGE to confirm your financing needs. (done)
- A U.S. Bariatric nurse will call you to complete your NURSING ASSESSMENT.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION
- Using your Nursing Assessment form, complete the prescribed pre-operative TESTS AND CLEARANCES. Fax all results.
- OPEN HOSPITAL ACCOUNT – Call to pre-register with Flagler Hospital. A $2,000 deposit is required to complete this step. (If you are paying via Capital One Healthcare Finance or Care Credit, please contact our Patient Concierge)
- Once office has received all prescribed tests and clearances, you can SCHEDULE your pre-operative physical, nutrition education, and surgery.
- CHEST X-RAY AND GENERAL BLOODWORK – Completed at Flagler Hospital, in St. Augustine, the day before your scheduled surgery
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
After two weeks of nothing, I finally have some progress to report on the VSG front! I received my self-pay checklist from the "Patient Concierge" and am expecting a call from a nurse tomorrow or Thursday to determine what clearances I'll need to get before scheduling surgery. One clearance that is always required is from a psychologist. So I will be calling today to make that appointment. Hopefully I won't need many more clearances (I can only imagine I'll need one from my general practioner) and then I can schedule surgery! Once surgery is scheduled, they will then schedule the nutritionist appointment, required lifestyle class, and pre-op appointments. I'm so happy to have a game plan now. Here is the content of the self-pay checklist I received from U.S. Bariatrics: