Monday, August 3, 2009

Randomness


This past weekend, Steve and I spent every waking hour working on our front living/dining room. Friday night we measured, moved, and hung. Saturday and Sunday we spent both days shopping for bargains and even last night we were up til 1am hanging up pictures. I am getting sooooo excited. But also very impatient - I just want it done!! It is going to be so beautiful that I can't wait to see it. Oh well.

In other news, my carpal tunnel has flared up big time. It has been bothering me for the past couple of weeks, but it is becoming dibilitating. I can't grip anymore and my right hand is
constantly tingling and usually hurting. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday at 3pm to discuss it and get my clearance for surgery. The receptionist was nice on the phone when I mentioned the clearance. She said "oh ok - no problem". Seems promising. I would guess that they get this a lot now that the lap band and gastric bypass are so commonplace. I am hoping to schedule the surgery for the week of October 22. I would like to hold a big information session on October 13th or 14th for the MBA program that I recruit for before I take off for a little while. I haven't told my boss yet. I'm going to wait until I have the chance to talk to him in person or I get a firm date set, whichever comes first.

Yesterday evening, Steve and I watched Michael Moore's documentary, Sicko. It was so disturbing. It makes me so fired up to write to our congressmen. I think I will draft a letter and send it every week. I was 50% serious when I asked Steve his thoughts about moving to Canada. Too bad it's cold and our families would be too far.

Speaking of family, this is my favorite picture from last weekend's Triplet Trip!

They are getting SO BIG!!!!!

No comments: