Thursday, August 6, 2009

Clearance 1 - check!

Yesterday, I went to my primary care physician. Wierd thing about this is that I've never actually seen the doctor. I always see the physician assistants. One time, I was super sick and they said the only PA available was Mary Theresa and she was new. I was desperate and usually don't care who I see, so I said sure. Now, she is all I will see. I LOVE her. I've never loved a doctor like this. She is amazing. Even knowing all of this, I was scared to tell her about the surgery. I knew that no matter what she said, in the end I would have a doctor that supports me because I would just move practices. Well, no worries - I'll be staying put! She was super encouraging and said that she is a "big fan". She performed my EKG as part of the clearance and signed off that I am a low risk patient and a good candidate for WLS. Woohoo!! I put a call into the surgery scheduler after my appointment yesterday, but I haven't heard back from her. I have a couple questions for her, but it seems like I'll be able to schedule a date soon! Next, I have to meet with a psychologist. I don't mind seeing one and I'm sure it will be helpful, but I have to drive 45 minutes to the appointment and take off of work for it. And considering I don't have a heck of a lot of paid time off, I am saving those hours for the big operation!

I still haven't told my boss. I want a firm date first. Because after his initial concerns about me (he is a kind man and considers us all his family), the first question will be when and how long. Hopefully I will be able to tell him soon!

No comments: