Monday, February 15, 2010

Wish someone would have told me...

I recently posted this to the VSG forum on obesityhelp.com when someone asked what we wish we would have known. After I wrote it, I realized I wanted to keep it!

I wish someone had reminded me that this is a serious change in your life and you will need to focus on you for a while. You will become a little high maintenance and you will need to be a little selfish. But it is for your health and well-being. This is surgery and you may experience some pain. You may also be nauseous. But it's a relatively quick recovery and some people do much better than others. You will have struggles and the first couple of weeks are the hardest when it comes to cravings (yes, even when you are 1 day out and uncomfortable!). It will pass and you will fall into a new lifestyle that is the new "you". The results may feel slow sometimes and then one day you'll wake up and realize just how far you've come.

No comments: