Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PCP follow-up today

I went and saw my primary care doctor today. She is so proud of me. She didn't know much about the sleeve until I asked her for her letter of support and she started doing research about it. She is so pleased with what she has learned and my results that she has since referred two of her patients to check it out. If I helped to change their life around the way mine has been changed then I am very happy!

Yesterday, a student came into my office who hadn't seen me since pre-op. She doesn't know about the surgery and when I stood up she asked "have you lost weight?". It made me smile. For some reason, hearing it from strangers is so powerful! I'm at 247 today - so down 77 lbs. I love being below 250 - it feels like such a milestone to me.

No comments: