Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rambling...

I must say that I am extremely happy with my weight loss this week. I went from 244 to 239 - yahoo! Two more lbs until I'm halfway to goal. I can't believe it. My mom came over last weekend and helped me clean out my closet. I'm now wearing pants somewhere between 18-20 and I can fit into 14/16 or 16/18 tops. I've never really considered myself "bottom heavy" so I'm surprised that there is a difference. Clothing manufacturers are ridiculous. Anyway, I have about 70 items for the consignment store! I'll use the money I make for new clothes. I couldn't believe some of the items that were too small on me prior to surgery that are too big on me now. I was actually sad to see some of them go because they were so pretty! I did keep my "fat jeans" for comparison later!

In less happy news, I have been plagued by headaches recently. I had them often before surgery but felt a reprieve for a while. The past couple of weeks have been filled with headaches - especially when I first wake up in the morning. Like I usually do, I'll probably just put up with the ailment until my next doctor's appointment, which isn't until 4/6.

I'm in a funk today. Not much energy - I just want to go home and take a nap. I guess it doesn't help that I started my day with a bad attitude. On my way to work today, I was thinking how my whole life I've been actively doing something. But for the past few years I've just been waiting. Waiting for life to move on. I know I should "enjoy the journey" and all that jazz, but it's so hard when I just want to start a family. 2006 I graduated UCF, 2007 I graduated with my MBA, later in 2007 we got married and bought our first home. 2008, 2009, and 2010 are my "waiting years". Hopefully, 2011 will be my pregnant year! Haha. It's not just a baby I'm waiting on. I'm also waiting to lose all my weight so I can be at a stable weight for the first time in forever. And financially I feel like there is always a better place to be. It's all very frustrating! And I have NEVER claimed to be a patient person.

No comments: