Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Doc Appt

Steve and I met with Dr. Koppman today for my 6 month check-up. It was nice to have Steve's support and for him to see first-hand the kinds of things the doctor is keeping up with. I had labs done and most everything looked great. He said my HDL (good) cholesterol isn't exactly where he likes to see it and my triglycerides were a little high. But these things will continue to improve as I lose weight so he's not concerned. My iron was normal, but at the low end of normal, so I have to be more diligent about taking my iron. The only bad thing was my folic acid - this was low. The normal range is 2.7-17 and mine was 4. So it wasn't the worst, but it was pretty bad, especially if I want to conceive in 6 months. Which by the way, he said we could plan for!! He wants me back in October - October 12 is my appt - for a year follow-up and wrote me a script for labs to get before that appt. If my labs look good then he said he would have no problem advising pregnancy!! OMG - I am so excited. And we talked about my goal weight - which is much higher than what I thought I saw on their computer. He has it at 174. I may choose to go under that, but that is when he would consider me successful. That is a total of a 150 lbs loss - and I've already lost 104! I can SO do the last 46 lbs. That's NOTHING!!

Overall, I am very happy and the doctor is very happy with my progress. And Steve is happy too!

No comments: